As a nonprofit organization, fundraising will always be a top priority. And when looking for new ways to hit your campaign goal, we're all about working smarter—not harder.
One of the best—and easiest—ways to hit your fundraising goal is through matching gifts. With matching gifts, you target the networks of your existing donor base to potentially double incoming donations.
Double the Donation is a wonderful organization that helps nonprofits hit their goals—and just happens to be a trusted partner of Givebutter. Double the Donation automatically finds corporate sponsors who will match incoming donations. In fact, over 8,500 nonprofits have used Double the Donation to help raise money for their good cause.
Below, we explain what Double the Donation is, how it works, and how it can help multiply your individual donations.
What is Double the Donation and how does it work?
Double the Donation is a platform that uses your existing donor base to find corporate sponsors. These corporate sponsors, in turn, can be sent automated marketing materials requesting matching gifts.
Double the Donation estimates that roughly $4–$7 billion in matching gifts is lost annually. In other words, by not using corporate sponsorships and matching gifts as part of your overall fundraising strategy, you are leaving thousands of dollars on the table.
Double the Donation seeks to correct this problem through their matching gift solutions. For example, small- and mid-sized nonprofits can access Double the Donation's Premium Plan, which allows you to embed their plugin directly into your fundraising site. When your donors click the plugin, they'll access a searchable database where they can find corporations willing to support your good cause. Loyal donors then search for their employers, vendors, partners, or other trusted businesses to see if they'd be willing to offer a corporate matching gift.
What is 360MatchPro?
360MatchPro is a plugin built by Double the Donation. This matching gift software is built specifically for nonprofits receiving more than $25,000 in annual gift revenue.
360MatchPro syncs seamlessly with Givebutter's fundraising software to help you find corporate sponsors and ultimately hit your campaign goal. When an individual donates to your good cause, the 360MatchPro plugin will automatically search for potential corporate donors using email domains, donation forms, and other tools. Then, once a matching gift opportunity is found, you can automatically email follow-up messages to help convert a corporate prospect into a donor.
In addition, 360MatchPro can help streamline your outreach process, flagging high-value opportunities. That way, you reach your campaign goal in less time.
How does 360MatchPro work?
360MatchPro is an automation tool that sets up matching gift programs for your organization. Once you install the 360MatchPro plugin, here's how it works:
- Individual donation 👏: An individual donor makes a contribution to your organization.
- Company search 💬: 360MatchPro searches through their matching gift database, trying to find a corporation who offers a matching gift program (connected to the individual who just made the contribution).
- Confirmation 👯: 360MatchPro confirms that a corporation offers a matching gift program.
- Automated message 📩: 360MatchPro drafts an automated message to send to the corporate sponsor, requesting a matching gift.
Is 360MatchPro right for my organization?
360MatchPro by Double the Donation was exclusively designed for organizations who raise $25,000+ from matching gift donations. If you are a registered 501(c) nonprofit or an educational institution, this solution might be right for you.
If you are a religious organization, a political candidate, a club, or a sports team, 360MatchPro is not right for you, as these organizations are not eligible for matching corporate gifts. In addition, if you raise less than $25,000 a year from matching gifts, you may want to try Double the Donation's Premium Plan instead. The Premium Plan's pricing structure starts at $500 per year (versus $3,000 per year for 360MatchPro), which may fit better within your budget.
How Givebutter and Double the Donation help you reach your campaign goals
Givebutter and Double the Donation have partnered up to make it easier for nonprofits to find matching gift donors. The 360MatchPro plugin syncs with your fundraising platform to help you determine matching gift eligibility from your existing donor network.
Not sure how to use the 360MatchPro plugin? Don't worry—here are a few tips, tools, and ideas to help get you started:
- Add a donate button 🎉: As a nonprofit, your fundraising season runs year-round—not just in the midst of a campaign blitz. Add a permanent donate button to the prime real estate of your website (think the top navigation, your footer, or a dedicated "donate" page) with built-in match functionality to increase matching gift revenue.
- Host an event 🎫: Sell tickets to a gala, carnival, or charity golf tournament. When a donor buys a ticket, have a built-in option to include a matching gift from their employer.
- Set up recurring donations ✊: Some of your most loyal donors will want to support you year-round. Enable matching-gift automation for recurring donations, bringing in twice the amount.
- Utilize a variety of outreach methods 📣: Between Givebutter and 360MatchPro, there are plenty of matching gift tools to help with your outreach strategy. Send follow-up messages via SMS, text, and email to help increase donations.
- Get competitive with teams 🏆: Encourage a little friendly competition through peer-to-peer fundraising. Each "team" can be employed by a different corporation, and the donation team who raises the most funds through matching gifts wins.
- Send custom thank yous: Through Givebutter, each donor receives automated receipts with each contribution. Include matching gift information with each thank you message, inviting them to reach out to matching-gift eligible donors.
- Get active on social 🎉: Run a social media campaign dedicated to raising awareness about matching gift donations. Encourage your audience to speak to their employers about launching an employee matching gift program.
- Keep tabs on your progress 🎯: Be sure to track 360MatchPro's actionable insights throughout your campaign. This allows you to capture a high-level overview of the matching gift process and identify new potential opportunities.
- Collect a variety of payment methods 💰: Make it easy for individuals and corporations alike to donate to your organization. With Givebutter's "accept everything" tool, you can collect donations through Venmo, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, direct deposit, and other payment methods.
- Run a livestream 🎥: Even if you and your colleagues are working from home, you can encourage your employer to donate to a good cause through a virtual livestream. Host a virtual fundraiser happy hour, and invite your entire office to join.
Raise more with Double the Donation and Givebutter
Each year, billions of potential corporate donation dollars get left on the table.
To help find more corporate sponsors for your good cause, take advantage of matching gift programs.
Doublethedonation.com is a platform that helps nonprofits increase corporate donations through matching gift programs. For larger nonprofits, Double the Donation built the 360MatchPro tool to help automate and streamline the matching donation process.
Givebutter offers a built-in integration with 360MatchPro's API to help you automatically find matching gift partners for your good cause. By integrating the 360MatchPro plugin with your Givebutter fundraising site, you can raise more money through ticketed events, virtual live stream fundraisers, recurring donations, and even your regular website.
Ready to see how Double the Donation and Givebutter can help you raise more money in less time? Create your free Givebutter account today to get started.
Rachel is a fundraising and marketing consultant for nonprofits whose aspiration since she was 16-years-old is simply this: help others, help others.